As a member of the Curatorial Department, the intern will experience the full range of activities, including acquisition preparations, gallery installations, research and documentation projects involving the Museum’s collection, and publication projects and special exhibitions. Applicants must have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in art history with coursework in American Art and/or Decorative Art prior to beginning the internship.
The stipend for this position is $6000 and the duration is 16 weeks, to be completed prior to September 1, 2014.
The McDermott Internship for American and Decorative Art is open to applicants who are interested in applying for a 2014-2015 McDermott Internship, however the required materials for each application must be submitted separately and addressed accordingly.
- Résumé listing information on each degree that has been or is in the process of being awarded by an institution of higher education
- Detailed statement regarding your interest in this position, including information about prior museum experience
- Transcripts of courses from each institution of higher education where a degree has been or is in the process of being awarded
- Two letters of recommendation
Mail all required materials together in one packet to the address below.
McDermott Internship for American and Decorative Art
c/o Sarah Coffey
Dallas Museum of Art
1717 N. Harwood St.
Dallas TX 75201
Do not mail materials under separate cover. Do not staple or paperclip materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States before the first day of the program. This may include such commonly obtained documents as:
- Social Security card and current state driver’s license or
- Valid U.S. passport or
- Valid visa that will not expire before the termination date of the internship and ability to obtain a Social Security number once you arrive in the United States if you are not a citizen
An applicant whose candidacy passes the preliminary screening may be invited for a personal interview if possible.