- Application form
- Detailed statement regarding your interest in an art museum career, including information about prior museum experience
- Cover letter including your name
- Official transcripts of courses from each institution of higher education where a degree has been or is in the process of being awarded
- Three letters of recommendation, at least two of which are academic references
Complete and submit the below application form, attaching your personal statement and résumé. Mail your official transcripts and letters of recommendation in one packet with a cover letter to the address below. All materials must be postmarked by Friday, March 7, 2014.
McDermott Internship Program
c/o Sarah Coffey
Dallas Museum of Art
1717 N. Harwood St.
Dallas TX 75201
Do not mail materials under separate cover. Do not staple or paperclip materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered and no late materials will be accepted.
Applicants selected for each position must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States before the first day of the program (September 2, 2014). This may include such commonly obtained documents as:
- Social Security card and current state driver’s license or
- Valid U.S. passport or
- Valid visa that will not expire before the termination date of the internship and ability to obtain a Social Security number once you arrive in the United States if you are not a citizen
An applicant whose candidacy passes the preliminary screening may be invited for a personal interview if possible.