This installation celebrates the public and private artistic legacy of Pauline Gill Sullivan (1918-2006), a longtime community benefactor and a Museum trustee for thirty years. One of the first contributors to the campaign to move the Museum to downtown Dallas from Fair Park, Mrs. Sullivan transformed the Museum's American collections, donating outstanding works of 18th- and 19th-century painting, including masterworks by Charles Willson Peale, Ralph Earl, Severin Roesen, and Thomas Sully. These works from the Museum's permanent collection are brought together with Pauline Gill Sullivan's distinctive personal holdings, now on long-term loan to the Museum, containing rarely seen masterpieces of European and American painting, including impressionist works by Mary Cassatt, Alfred Sisley, Edouard Manet, and Camille Pissarro. Curated by Dr. Dorothy Kosinski, Senior Curator of Painting and Sculpture and The Barbara Thomas Lemmon Curator of European Art, and Dr. William Rudolph, The Pauline Gill Sullivan Associate Curator of American Art. Organized by the Dallas Museum of Art.
The Dallas Museum of Art is supported, in part, by the generosity of DMA Members and donors, the citizens of Dallas through the City of Dallas Office of Cultural Affairs, and the Texas Commission on the Arts.