Arturo's Nest (0-4 year olds)
A relaxed learning place for children ages 4 and under and their adult companions, Arturo's Nest is a "please touch" space where young children can crawl, climb, and use their natural curiosity and playfulness to have early experiences with art. This month in Arturo's Nest, you will find toys, games, puzzles, and books that allow you to explore Transportation. Stop by and try some of these activities:
- Play with toy cars and trucks.
- Read a book about people on the go.
- Explore motion with gears.
- Imagine working in an auto repair shop with nuts and bolts.
- Look at images of transportation in works of art.
Young Learners Gallery (5-8 year olds)
A dynamic environment for children ages 5-8 years old, the Young Learners Gallery offers opportunities for children and their families to explore art through the Sensory Alphabet. Explore Line through hands-on activities, inspirational artworks, and books. Stop by and try some of these activities:
- Be inspired by the installation Windmills by Adrian Esparza.
- Use the giant pegboard wall to create and transform lines.
- See how the lines of our infinity blocks connect as you build.
- Create your own story line using characters and settings from works of art in the Museum's collection.
- Curl up with a book about lines in comfortable, cozy reading nooks.
What kinds of lines will you make today?
For information about programs for young children click here.